Eat Local in Bossier Parish
Whether you’re on your lunch break, having dinner with your family, or planning a date night with your significant other, there’s one thing they all have in common…Food!
Even something as small as deciding where to eat can have a big impact on your local community, making it imperative to Eat Local.
COVID19 has had a significant impact on small businesses, and now more than ever is a great time to support those local business owners who “hung in there.” A great way to do that is to Eat Local.
Bossier Parish is Full of Exceptional Places Where You Can Eat Local.
Trejo’s Mexican Restaurant has been a local favorite for more than 25 years.
With locations all over Bossier Parish, you don’t have to travel far when you’re craving authentic Mexican cuisine. From delicious appetizers to their lunch and dinner entrees, plus a menu for the kiddos, they have something to please everyone!
Chris saw a need for great diner-style food in the area, so he set up his food trailer on some family land in the town of Haughton.
You won’t find any ordinary “fast food” here. Instead, all the menu items are homemade, even the signature burgers and double-fried fries, which sell out daily.
Other favorites include pulled pork and some specially created keto-friendly wraps. In addition, Chris is in the process of making a few upgrades to create a comfortable dining area for you to enjoy your meal.
If you are in the Mood for something different, check out these other palatable places to Eat Local in Haughton.
- Swamp Daddy’s Seafood & Steaks, located at 6392-6402 LA-157, Haughton – Be sure to try the Blackened Alligator or the Cajun Swamp Sticks.
- Crawfish Palace, Inc., located at 1865 Highway 80 East, Haughton – Only open during “crawfish season,” but the place to go for the best mudbugs in town.
- Imperial Express, located at 2034 Highway 80, Haughton – Perfect when you want Asian cuisine but don’t want to drive into Bossier.
- Pepe’s Mexican Restaurant, located at 2040 Highway 80, Haughton – Lunch at this family-run restaurant is a Haughton tradition.
You Can Even Eat Local When You’re in North Bossier Parish
Tucked away inside a convenience store, this small town favorite has been owned and operated by Chad and Tracy Dupuis since May of 2019. Chad is from Rayne, Louisiana, and he brings that authentic Cajun flavor to the dishes they serve.
Offering weekday lunch specials and a full menu from 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. six days a week, this is the place to stop when passing through.
“Eat Local” at these other North Bossier Parish restaurants too.
- Da Lion’s Den, LLC, located at 209 south Louisiana, Plain Dealing – Barbeque plates, sandwiches, and combos are on the menu; reviewers say they offer “Excellent food and amazing service!”.
- Chavo’s Mexican Restaurant, located at 209 North Louisiana Highway 3, Plain Dealing – Offers a full menu of homemade-style Mexican food.
You can always Eat Local When You Stop in Benton for a Bite to Eat at Any of These Local Picks.
- Uncle Henry’s Smokehouse BBQ, located at 4717 Palmetto Rd, Benton – This small, locally-owned barbecue restaurant has been the place to go for the best barbecue in the Benton area for over 15 years.
- Del Bob’s Burrito House, located at 6650 LA-3, Benton – This veteran-owned local favorite sits along Highway 3 and is a great place to grab a bite to eat whether you live in or are just driving through Benton.
- Yummy Donut, located at 6574 LA-3, Benton – When it comes to breakfast, this little donut shop has just what it takes to curb that morning hunger.
Eat Local When You’re Looking for the Best in Bossier City.
Notini’s Italian Restaurant, formerly owned by Jerry Notini Kolniak, has been part of Bossier City since 1981.
Upon retirement, he had plans to close the restaurant in fear of selling it to someone who wouldn’t carry on his legacy. That’s when long-time friends Tim Huck and Grayson Bailey stepped in and, with the promise to “not change anything,” purchased this Bossier City landmark.
Staying true to their word, you will still find all of the age-old favorites on the menu, plus a few additional items.
When you want authentic Italian cuisine at a reasonable price, Notini’s is the place to go!
If you’re in the mood for something other than Italian, check out these other locally-owned favorites.
- California Bar & Grill, located at 1903 Benton Road in Bossier City – For live music on the patio or inside dining with family and friends.
- Gumbo to Geaux, located at 4100 Barksdale Boulevard, Ste. 112, Bossier City – For “Cajun food so good you can’t stop eating it.”
- 2Johns Steak & Seafood, located at 2151 Airline Drive, Ste. 1500, Bossier City – For a fine dining experience with an elegant atmosphere, complete with white tablecloths and a grand piano.
- Silver Star Smokehouse & Tavern, located at 1201 Silver Star Way, Bossier City – For barbeque, burgers, steak, or ribs in a laid-back Western-style atmosphere.
- Lins Kitchen, with locations at 2091 Stockwell Road, Ste. 14, Bossier City, and 4100 Barksdale Boulevard, #115, Bossier City – For Chinese food, you can take out or dine in.
- BeauJax Crafthouse, located at 501 Barksdale Boulevard, Bossier City – For all of your Cajun favorites, with a promise that “the party spills into the street.”
- Silver Star Cantina, located at 3015 East Texas Street, Bossier City – For “A Taste of Mexico with a Texas Twist.”
- Strawn’s Eat Shop Also, located at 2335 Airline Drive, Bossier City-For breakfast, lunch, and dinner…or just pie!
Whether you’re seeking something new or visiting an old favorite, Bossier Parish has plenty of places for you to eat local!